First there was digitalEPO, now there’s RideJuicer. Yet another way to be a Strava scumbag.
It’s amazing to think that anyone would be shallow enough to want to alter a file to make their ride appear faster than it actually was, on a rather meaningless virtual leaderboard.
Here’s some Strava data from a segment I rode yesterday. This is the clean version, uploaded from my Garmin to Strava (click to enlarge).
Notice how the blue Speed line is fairly smooth, as you’d expect.
Now, here is the same file, juiced to 15% by Digital EPO. You can see the obvious bumps in the data buy doxycycline 100mg online without even having to click the image to enlarge it. This is a fake file!
Lastly, here is the same file, juiced by RideJuicer.
Hmmm, no bumps.
However, I did notice that some segments on the original ride did not register when I uploaded the juiced file. So whatever algorithm is being used, it’s causing a shift in the data that causes Strava to not recognise some of the segments. I tried this with two separate rides, and found the same issue with both.
BTW, it should go without saying that I deleted the test (juiced) files from Strava after I’d obtained the screenshots for this article.
So there you have it.
If you really feel like being a data masturbator, go check out the site and get your RideJuices flowing.